Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 10 - Distraction!

Going to be a busy day, but I didn't want to ignore you - so here's a great link for you to go check out today!

It's early morning and I have a busy day ahead of me.  I have just a few minutes to tell you about a great article you should go read when you are done here.

It's called "How distraction can help you go the distance"

Yesterday I was bored silly all day.  If you make all of your meals for the whole day in one hour in the morning, that leaves a lot of time open for the rest of the day (that is, if you are a stay home mom with all 3 kids in school, like me!  Ha!).  The weather here in Reno, as I said the other day, is not nice enough to go outside for fresh air.

So I was pretty much beside myself yesterday with nothing to do.  I had too much energy to just sit and read.  All the television and movies I wanted to watch had scene after scene of people eating food in them (not a good idea).  And I would have cleaned house, but it was already done.

It really made me think about how much food has ruled my life over the years.  Thinking about and planning the next meal, shopping for it, going online for recipes, preparing the meal, eating with family or friends in social gatherings...preparing for the NEXT meal....

One of the ideas he suggests in this article is to sit down with pen and paper and make a list of all the activities you would like to do or try out that you have never done before INSTEAD of eating.  I plan to do that this week.  I think it's a great idea!

Here's the article:
How Distraction Can Help You Go the Distance

I hope this week brings you closer to our Lord and Savior, and that you are blessed by His presence.

Tip of the day:

Treat yourself to a job well done - once a week or however frequently you choose.  Go to a juice bar and let someone ELSE make juice for you!  Most big cities have a few of them, and Whole Foods Market has a juice bar too.  Somehow they always taste better when someone else makes them, hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment