Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 4 Shocker!!

I blew it last night!  I had tacos, pizza, chocolate, apple crisp and cheesecake!  I didn't even enjoy it...made me feel pretty sick...

And then I woke up feeling horribly guilty and incredibly disappointed in myself.  Thank God it was just a dream!

Day four and I'm hanging in there, people!  Yesterday I did not one, but two, enemas!  First a water enema and then a coffee one.  You are never supposed to start with a coffee enema apparently.  Not the most pleasant experience but I felt really great afterward.

So far, no really bad detox symptoms to report.  Still feeling very tired, but mellow (it's almost like this insane peace has invaded my spirit.  God is surely with me!) and have a bit of a headache.  Other than that I feel good - very light and satisfied with just juice, water and tea.

I'm really enjoying this process immensely!  I knew I would - after doing so much research I had this anticipation and excitement to get started.  I'm very thankful that I eased into it the way that I did, because so far it's going super smoothly.

There is so much variety in what you can have when you juice, the combination of fruits and vegetables are endless and some that I have made are so delicious that I don't miss regular food at all!

In other news, I found a "fasting buddy" for support and encouragement.  He is a brother in Christ from North Carolina, doing the same type and length of fast as I am.  I think this is a wonderful idea for all of you who are venturing into juicing territory.  You NEED someone to talk to who will understand what you are going through and help you through it, and you can do the same for them.  Trust me on this!

Finally, this week I'm praying that God will bring me a Breville juicer.  My "Juiceman Jr." works ok, and will hold up for a while, but the pulp comes out really wet so I have to run it through twice and it's difficult to clean.  I believe this is something that I will stick to for many years to come, at least one juice a day.  So I need something that will really hold up for me.

Ok, I'm off to pick up more produce.  Happy juicing to all and to all a good night!

P.S.  One more thing I'd like to add.  I know it's only day 4 out of 70, but I have to say this....I'm SUPER proud of myself.  I feel like I've already accomplished something amazing for my health.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment