Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 2 Report....

Good day to all my juicy peeps!  Today is day 2 and I'm feeling goooooooood!!

I want to start out by saying that remarkable things are happening already!  For the first time in almost five years, I was able to sleep without the aid of a sleeping pill (over the counter OR prescription) and/or a muscle relaxer.  Nearly every night for the past several years I have required both pills to sleep.  I made a commitment when I started this that I would give up the pills entirely the day I started, I just didn't expect to be able to sleep the first few days.

I haven't had too many food cravings so far, but I do feel like I'm floating....I'm taking in a LOT more water than I did yesterday because I feel like I didn't get quite enough.  Today I'm in the bathroom about every 10-15 minutes! 

As far as food goes, I'm not feeling deprived, just a little sleepier than normal.  Going to take a nap in a bit and then head out for a nice brisk walk with my son.

I checked my weight this morning and I've lost 2 pounds overnight (yay!) - which I understand is all water weight - but I don't plan to weigh myself again until the weekend, as I tend to obsess over numbers.  I will also take my measurements today and keep track that way as well.

I spent some good quality time with the Lord today with my all time favorite devotional, "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers, reading my bible, praying and simply meditating on God's goodness.  I'm feeling His sweet presence very powerfully today.  This is going to be one of the best aspects of this fast, I'm quite certain of that....

I'm going to leave you with a few wonderful juicing facebook pages to check out.  Will catch up with you all tomorrow.
Blessings!
Mara

Raw Raw Life
Juicing FTW
60 day Juice Fast Reboot
Juicing For a Change
Juicing For Dummies

Tip of the Day

Before you get too far, make a list of all the reasons you are doing this fast.  You should have more than one!  Otherwise it could be hard to stick to it.  We can talk ourselves out of anything when the going gets tough...and it WILL get tough!  I have 20 reasons on my list and I know that when I want to quit, I can go look at that list and it will bolster my strength and keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment