Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 9 - Yippee!!!

Friends - I feel so goooood today!  My energy is finally being restored, I am sleeping so good at night, my hunger is dissipating and my skin is looking better each day!!  I feel like I could make a juicing infomercial right now...

I have some exciting news to share today.  First things first, I have influenced three people already to join me in this fast!  I haven't really talked to a lot of people about it because for me, right now, it's sort of a private thing.  But as I get further and further along, I will probably start to open up more about it and who knows?  Maybe others will want to tag along as well!

I have lost 13 pounds to date on this fast and a total of 17.5 inches overall.  I'm so thrilled with that and I know I have another 61 days to go - this could get me back to what I weighed the day I got married 19 years ago!

Today is the first day that hunger hasn't hounded me at all - I totally credit this to God and to all the prayer warriors backing me up.  I had to remind myself a couple times to drink my juice because I wasn't hungry.  Very, very thankful for this!

More important than all of that though, my relationship with Christ is being strengthened and renewed day by day.  I'm finding myself spending less time on the computer or in front of the tv, in favor of devotional and prayer time.  And it hasn't been a chore for me, it's been refreshing and beautiful.  God is so good!

It is snowing here in Reno so I haven't been able to walk in the last couple of days which I really miss.  I'm sooo ready for warmer weather, as are all Reno-ites.   I want to put a garden in once it starts to actually look like Spring!  I am hoping it will not only encourage everyone to eat more veggies around here, but also help to defray the cost of some of the produce I've been plowing through.

Not much else to report today, but I will be back in a few days to chat with you more.  In the meantime, may the peace which passes all understanding guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus, our Lord.

Tip of the day:

If you haven't already done it, go right now and watch "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead."  It will forever change the way you think about juice fasting.  There are literally thousands of people around the world who changed their lives completely after watching this film.  Joe Cross is my hero!



No comments:

Post a Comment