Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 8 - Tacos and Nachos and Pasta, oh my!!

Yes, folks, that is the sound of my cravings going psycho!  I am so hungry I want to punch someone in the throat!

But alas, I won't.

Yesterday was sooooo hard for me!  I didn't post because I didn't have anything nice to say.  I was fine for the first few hours and then around 2:00 images of tacos with sour cream and jalapeños, and fettucine with sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts and parmesan cheese drifted through my mind.  I could almost smell them!  Today, I thought I had a better handle on everything and then when we got back from church my kids made nachos for lunch...nachos with chili, and cheese and lots of hot sauce.  Oh man, my mouth just started watering.

So I got me some backup!  I asked for my prayer warrior friends to help a sista out and pray for me before I go bonkers.  One good brother in Christ reminded me that I'm not going to be without food forever, just temporarily.  And he said that in the past when he was fasting and cheated with food, he always regretted it BUT when he stuck to his guns, even when it got hard he was so proud of himself and never regretted it.

Thank you Jesus for people who get it!  This is one of the many reasons why having good brothers and sisters in Christ is so vital.  We bear one another's burdens and we strengthen each other and we pray for each other.

I'm finding out that fasting is such a mental battle and how much control food has over me!  I don't like it.  I want to be in control of what I eat, when I eat it and how much of it I eat.  I want to treat my body like the temple of the Holy Spirit that it is ~ keeping it clean and filled with whole and healthy foods, not garbage.  This is just the first step for me, but I want to be a good example to my kids and teach them to eat healthier as well.  I saw someone that someone posted recently on Facebook that really resonated with me...it was something to the effect of "You are what you eat.  So don't be cheap, easy, fast or junk."  So true!!

I don't have a lot else to report except to say that as I weighed myself this morning, on day 7, I was delighted to find I had lost 10 pounds!  Hoping in continues, although I do understand that it slows down after the first week.

Have a blessed day and make Jesus a part of it!

Here's your tip for the day:

Change up your juice recipes from day to day, so that you will get the widest variety of nutrients and won't get bored with your juice.  I have purchased several juice recipe books and it's always an adventure!




No comments:

Post a Comment