Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 31 - more inches lost!

I don't know how else to say this, but this juicing thing has really changed my life!!

Here I am on day 31 and I measured myself again yesterday - guess what!  I'm down 43.5 inches!!  That's nearly 4 feet of Mara gone forever!!  I still look in the mirror and see a heavy person, but everyone else around me assures me that I look much smaller.  I hope that my mind catches up with my body at some point.

On Monday at my ladies book club, that I attend through my church, I had asked for prayer because all of my clothes were too big and I had no money to buy new ones.  Then on Wednesday, a dear sister in Christ, gave me 2 big bags of clothes - all size 10 I might add - that fit me perfectly!  God is so good and He cares about every single aspect of our lives!  I am so excited by this!

I'm not weighing myself too often these days, because at this point the weight loss has slowed down and I don't want to get discouraged when everything else has gone so well.  I sleep like the dead now, way better than I ever did when I was on sleeping pills.  On the few occasions I feel like I need a nap, I will lay down for 15-20 minutes and feel totally refreshed.  And this girl used to take a 3 hour nap every single day just to function!

I'm feeling pretty darn energetic most times too.  I find that most days I am up by 6:30 a.m. getting a lot of stuff done and by 8:00 p.m. I'm sound asleep.  It's like living in another parallel universe sometimes - this is what the old me looked like:

9:00 a.m. Drag my sorry butt out of bed
9:05 a.m. Drink large cup of coffee and still feel exhausted
10:00 a.m. Huge breakfast with eggs, lots of cheese, toast, more coffee
10:30 a.m.  Try desperately to stay awake until 11:00 so I can take a nap
10:45-11:00 a.m. Finally take a nap
2:00 p.m.  Embarrassed I slept half the day away, I get up and make lunch
2:45 p.m.  Can I take another nap?
3:30 p.m.  Kids are home from school and dad is on his way, scramble around to clean the house
4:00 p.m.  Dad is home - try to look like you actually did something today
5:30 p.m.  Make dinner for everyone (although most of the time hubby cooks, he is better at it)
7:30 p.m.  Get back in bed and watch tv for 3 or 4 hours
11:30 p.m.  Toss & turn most of the night until I eventually fall asleep sometime around 2:00 a.m.

Yeah, I'm exhausted just reading this!  I can look back at this point and remember how lethargic, depressed and hopeless I felt.  This wasn't a life, what I have now is!

I hope by now you are joining me in this fast.  It has really, truly been a total blessing to me and it isn't over yet!  I have another 39 days to go.  Oh, did I mention that I am doing 70 days instead of 60?  Well there you have it.

I pray that you will feel surrounded today by the Lover of your soul, Jesus Christ!  Until next time....

Tip of the Day:

Wheatgrass is exceptionally helpful in cleansing the lymph system, removing toxic metals from the cells, nourishing the liver and kidneys, and restoring vitality.  A 2 ounce shot of wheatgrass has the same nutritional value as 5 pounds of vegetables!  If you can get a shot at your juice bar, I highly recommend it.  For you newbies, try it mixed with a little apple juice.  The taste can be quite strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment