Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 13 - Exciting stuff is happening!!

Sorry it's been a few days since my last post, but I really wanted to wait until I had more to say.  And today I do!  Lots of exciting things to share...but first, here's some photos of my meals for the day!



From left to right that's:
Cantaloupe/mint
Pineapple/carrot/orange/strawberry/kiwi/ginger
Mean Green
Watermelon/mint

Yum!!

So since we last spoke people around me are starting to notice the weight loss.  Everyone has been very supportive and excited for me.  I really haven't had to deal with too many nay-sayers so far, just one or two here and there and I can handle that.

My husband, Kevin, has been the biggest blessing ever!  I think he's happy to see me eating healthier and the improvements it's making in my attitude and overall health.  He takes me grocery shopping for produce, asks lots of questions, always wanting to know what's on the menu.  Our anniversary is in about 3 weeks and we plan to spend the day going to farmer's markets, a juice bar, and home depot to get supplies for my garden I want to put in.  I love him so much!  Took me 20 years to train him and now he's perfect!  (hahaha)

The other really cool thing I have to share is that my family (my mom and my sister) is finally on board and going to start juicing with me as well.  The back story on mom is that about 6 months ago she developed a tumor on her neck and they don't know for sure whether or not it's cancerous at this point (which is a loooooong story that I won't get into here).  It's very large, almost the size of an egg, and causes her tremendous pain.  She has, unfortunately, had to take massive quantities of prescriptions for the pain, the sleeplessness & nerve damage it's caused and I've been worried about her.  Recently she has also had some unexplained stomach issues to boot.

I told her about how juicing can really improve her health and out of the blue a neighbor just gave her a juicer!  So prayers are always appreciated for her and I'm praying that this will be a healing miracle for her.  I just wished she lived a little closer so I could be of more help with the juicing.

A word here about influence.  You influence the people in your life whether you realize it or not!  Sometimes for the bad, sometimes for the good.  Did you know that the average person has influence over 10,000 people in the course of their lifetime?  I never considered that anyone would want to join me on this.  Frankly, it's a pretty radical move and nothing to take lightly by just jumping right in!  But as of today, I've influenced 4 people to start juicing with me and I'm only 13 days into this!

As for me, since I started juicing I've lost 25 pounds.  17 of that is from the juice fast alone!  I'm going to continue weighing in just once a week so I don't get too caught up with the numbers.  But by the next weigh in, I will be back in the 160's which I haven't seen in 5 years!  I will be checking my measurements every 15 days so the next one will be in just 2 more days.  Oh the suspense!!

My hunger has dwindled off and the only time I notice it now is when I lose track of time and forget to drink my juice.  Then, once I do, I'm good for several more hours.  I realized the other day that between the juice and the water (and this doesn't count the occasional tea or vegetable broth) I am drinking 2 gallons of liquids a day!  At this rate, we'll need to buy stock in the toilet paper industry.

I'm doing a little investigating into the world of colonic hydrotherapy.  If you aren't familiar with that, let me break it down for you.  As you know, I've been using enemas to help the detox process along as I fast.  Unfortunately, they only target the lower portion of the colon so they can only help so much.  A colonic reaches the entire length of your intestine (which, by the way, is as tall as you are!!  crazy, huh?) and removes a lot of plaque that has built up on your intestine walls.  They use water and gravity or pressurized water from a machine (depending on which therapy you choose) to fill you up and clean you out.

If it's not too terribly expensive I may give it a go and let you know how it all comes out (pun intended).  As always, thank you for your support and encouragement!  I pray you have a blessed week filled with God's love and mercies.

Tip of the Day

Make your meals an event!  Don't drink your juice on the run if you can help it.  Treat it like the meal that it is by sitting down at the table and really focusing on it.  Think about all those powerful nutrients and minerals that are coursing through your body as you drink it.  Be thankful that the Lord has provided for you!  You can make it even more special by drinking your juice from a fancy wine glass or   using a silly straw.  My breakfast juice is in a gorgeous hand thrown ceramic beer stein.  There's just something about it that makes it feel more like a treat.

2 comments: