Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 5 - SALSA!!!

Welcome to day 5, or as I like to call it, the day of Salsa Juice!!!  Oh yes, folks, I made a juice that tastes just like homemade salsa...and not to toot my own horn, but dang, it was the BOMB!!

Ok, done bragging.  But for real, I was getting tired of all the sweet juices and was craving something spicy.  So I juiced some tomatoes, anaheim peppers, cucumber, garlic, lime, cilantro, onion, red pepper, threw in some apple cider vinegar & cumin and BAM!  You got yourself some salsa juice!  This one is going down as a new favorite!

I'm finding that at day 5, routine is the one thing that is really helping me hold this thing together.  I have my way of doing things each and every day, and it keeps my mind off food. I'm also seeing a pattern of rising earlier than I used to because I not only slept well, but I'm also excited to get into that kitchen and make some juice.  The fresh fruits and veggies all lined up on the counter, the smell of grapefruit as it goes through the juicer, even the sound the juicer (or as my kids lovingly call it - the "alarm clock") as it grinds away, it's all so therapeutic to me.

On another topic...I've always enjoyed gardening, and for years our Mother's Day tradition has been to get some new plants to put in the ground.  This year I'm putting in a garden!  As much as I am spending on produce these days, there's no reason not to.  And we have half an acre here, so there's plenty or room.  Now if the weather would only cooperate that would be just splendid!

Still no detox symptoms to report - maybe that will happen next week?  I'm pretty sleepy all the time, but the headaches are gone.  This might sound weird, but I was almost looking forward to the detoxing because at least that way I would know that they toxins were leaving my body.  So perhaps I wasn't as toxic as I thought, or perhaps they are all going underground and going to pop out and surprise me later on down the line.

Today I started a video blog for youtube.  I don't plan to post any of the videos until I get at least to day 30, it will give me something to look forward to.  But I'm just hoping to see some physical progress by then and I can say, "Look!  I did it and so can you!"  Once I have that up and ready to go, I will give you the link here.  I'm really hoping that I'll get over the whole "Man-I-feel-like-a-giant-tool" feeling I get when I'm making the video.

Blessings to all of you who are reading this!  May the Lord Jesus Christ keep you in the palm of His hand today, and may you know of His incredible love for you.

Tip for the day:

Make all your juice for the day at once, so you can relax the rest of the day!  As long as you store it for no more than 24 hours in airtight glass jars (I got a case of ten 32 oz jars at Walmart for $10) your juice will be fine.  My routine is to fill the jar to the top (if it's not all the way to the top, add some water), scoop out any foam (because once the foam bubbles pop, you'll have air at the top of your jar and the juice will start to oxidize) and add in some more water.  Then pop on your lid, stick it in the fridge, and you're done!


No comments:

Post a Comment