Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 24 - Still going strong!

God is good all the time!  And all the time, God is good!

Hello my little juice-lings!  Sorry for the delay since my last post but it has been such smooth sailing that I haven't really had a whole lot to report.

These are my stats for now:

24 days of juice and not one single cheat or bite of food!
Down 18 pounds as of my last weigh in
Clear, beautiful skin
Tons of sleep
Lots of energy
And 8 people in my own little circle of friends & family that are juicing right alongside of me!!

So things are going so exceptionally well that I don't even feel like I'm doing a fast any more.  It's seeming more like a way of life for me.  I do miss food from time to time, but in general I'm pretty darn content.  My husband is so supportive that he's telling everyone what I'm doing and bragging on me.  I'm not hungry all the time any more, that's totally passed.  The only time I get hungry is if I forget to make a juice.  The cravings still come and go, but I've gotten a handle on them and have spent some time finding healthier versions of the food that I crave, so when I get done I can make them.

Which brings up another point.  I am looking to the future and planning how I will transition out of the fast.  This is the part where a lot of people blow it.  You spend X amount of days fantasizing about food, and then when you finally get to eat you totally end up undoing all the good work you've accomplished!  I absolutely refuse to do that.

Listen, there are TONS of free resources online for plant-based, and raw food, recipes and I'm taking advantage of that!  I made a folder on my desktop called "After the Fast" and I've been collecting articles and recipes for healthy living.  I do NOT want to go back to where I came from.  The old me was tired, sluggish, depressed and obsessed with food.  The new me sees so much more potential for this life and for what God has called me to do and be.

Jesus has been right here with me the whole time.  He reminds me that He is the giver of all good things - and that includes food.  He has given us so many varieties of fruits and vegetables to keep us vibrant and help us to live more abundantly.  And for that I turn back and praise Him!

I will be back in a few more days to check in with you.  In the meantime, feel free to post your questions and I will do my best to answer them.  I pray that the Lord will heap huge blessings upon each of you today in the name of Jesus!

Tip of the Day:

Juicing leafy greens becomes much easier if you roll the leaves into a little ball, before feeding it into the machine. Generally, darker green vegetables are more nutritious but less palatable. Cucumber can help disguise the strong flavours from leafy greens.






No comments:

Post a Comment